[AT] Idiot Alarm

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Feb 15 12:15:39 PST 2005

About 4 months ago, I asked for some help from the electronic gurus on this
list for a small circuit board I was building.  It was for an idiot alarm
for the headlights on a vehicle that didn't have one.  After all the help
the prototype worked great.   I just got around to creating my enclosed,
mountable "production" version and installed it and it works great!

With all our old gear (trucks, tractors and what not) sitting around that
predates idiot lights.  I just thought I would pass on the link again in
case someone wants to try their hand at it for some of your old stuff:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/headalrm.html

It is easy to mount hidden and out of the way, and someone with decent
soldering skills (I am a hack) could probably keep it the size of a match
box, plus the buzzer.  Mine is the size of a two decks of cards with
everything enclosed.  The fix from the gurus was the resistor in-line with
the wire from the ignition switch fuse:  It needed stepping down from the
10K to a 4.7K.  That fixed the "ghost buzz".

Just thought I would pass the URL on again....

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net