[AT] KY farm show

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Feb 15 11:32:10 PST 2005

On 2/15/2005 at 10:59 AM Grant Brians wrote:
>Walt mentions a good point. California agriculture is diverse, diverse,
>diverse. Close to 100% of the world almond crop (approaching 5 billion
>pounds in the last four years.) More milk than any other state (and more

But not tobacco, sweet potatoes or turkeys!

Here is the link for NC statistics:

http://www.ncagr.com/stats/nc_rank/nc_rank.htm

Not too shabby for a eastern fairly urban state, but definitely nothing
like CA.  (-;  Interstingly, we are 15th in the number of farms, which I
think is very high when one considers how many states east of us are rural
farming states and the fact NC has lost 50% of its farms in just the last
30 years alone - mnainly tobacco farms.  I'l bet we were in the top ten
just 30 years ago.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!