[AT] farm machinery films

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 13 21:10:21 PST 2005

And speaking of old farm machinery films, how many of you remember going to
"John Deere Days" or as it was later known, "Farming Frontiers"? Every JD
dealer would host a free show with an hour or so film of whats new in
equipment and farming practices along with free coffee and donuts and door
prizes. I didn't see my first one til about 1971 but I know they were going
on for years before that. I can recall them showing some flashbacks of
previous shows with some interesting old machinery shots. I wonder if those
old films would be available now? It would be interesting to look back on
what was new in green machinery for the 1940s and 50s. I've still got some
of those old John Deere pocket notebooks dating way back . They were handed
out to everybody that came to the show.
I haven't been to a show for a few years now. The new machinery just doesn't
seem as interesting somehow.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/