[AJD] apologies and Frank

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Sat Feb 12 09:36:47 PST 2005

Frank
I concede your point on some trying to control the hobby. I hadn't thought about that
too deeply but I do know what you're saying.
That was tried recently by an organization with predictable disastrous results. A tough
goal I think.
There are parts that I simply won't sell to people due to the price, the M ignition
switch comes to mind although an alternative is being developed. I also preach on the
recycle theme, why replace when the money can be spent repairing the original part?
Sheet metal and carburetors are popular offenders here. I can't count the people who
ask me about a carb when all there's nothing wrong with theirs that a competent rebuild
wouldn't fix.

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Sat Feb 12 10:29 , 'Frank' <gremaux at tein.net> sent: