[AJD] My apologies to the List and Melanie

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sat Feb 12 03:44:04 PST 2005

Dean,

In Melanie's original post, I didn't take it as denigrating.  I think
she was trying to point out you might have unhappy customers, because
the paint won't stick to the type of metal you are using.  I think most
of your customer base will not be here on ATIS, but in other areas.  We
act like a family at times and tell each other the painful truth.

I think Sharp's price are far better than other salvage yard located
within 175 miles of me.  I have two in mind.

Dean, a word of advice: If you are going to be in the business of
selling parts, you need to have thick skin.  The crap is going to fly at
you every which way.  People are going to try to beat you down on price.
There will be buyer remorse, then they tell you the product is junk.
You offer to correct the problem, and they continue with their whining
and complaining.  This crowd is a small percentage, most everybody is
decent. But, the crybabies make me want to close up sometimes.  I just
have to stop and think that they are jerks and nothing will make them
happy.  Remember profit is not a dirty word.  It is necessary if the
doors are going to remain open.

Lou