[AT] OT-Brake controller

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:37:05 PST 2005

I have owned my Tekonsha for 12 years.  It is the swinging internal pendant
model with gain knob on one side and l-m-h load on the other.  It works well
after it is zeroed in.  Mine has the led lamp scale     (guess that is what
the progerssive indicator lamps are called?) to advise the amount of break
application and a push/pinch spot at the front for manual application if
needed. Probably a micro switch under there.  The only real problem is that
the unit is heat sensitive.  I just stick it to velcro on the dash.  If left
in summer sun with the trailer plugged on, you will walk by and hear the
brakes singing like mad.  It seems like the display board must warp when hot
and apply the brake.  If I do not take the unit out of the truck at the end
of use, I always disconnect the trailer plug to avoid the problem.  Usually
it is just removed and stored in the garage cabinet until next time.  I have
wired three trucks to match this controller.  I installed the 20A circuit
breaker in line near the controller, then a 4 prong trailer plug with the
pigtail about 18 inches so it just nicely reaches under the dash.  With this
hookup, I am able to just plug the controller into whichever truck is needed
this trip, stick the unit onto the velcro and I am ready to make preliminary
settings and take off.  One controller serves all three trucks.  It helps
that I only have one trailer, so the controller is not needed in more than
one truck at a time.

Charlie V.