[AT] Latest work On my Allis 'G'

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 9 18:38:43 PST 2005

I got a few hours work in on it, some before, and some after working with
the animals today.

I got the front rims cad painted, and shot the front half of the tractor
with another coat of paint.  I pulled one rear rim and center.. buffed and
primed both, and got the center painted orange.. but ran out of time to do
the rim cad paint.  I did some priming on the rear axle and tranny.. and am
trying to touch up a repair the prev owver did on the seam in the gas tank.
It doesn't leak.. but he sure used alot of sealer.  I'll sand it down smooth
and primer it before it gets the orange.  I primed the seat.. after some
buffing.. but may end up sanding on it again this weekend due to some
piting.  Primes cheap.. at least it will keep the metal from rusting.

I'm still waiting on one more box of parts from the big brown truck, and
also have some extensive restoration to do tot he fenders and battery box..
I forsee some welding or brazing.. and lots of wire wheel and grinding.

I bought a 'test' rod to make the choke and starter pull rods.  3/16 looks
great.. I;ll pick up another tomorrow.  I'll heat and bend them around a 1"
round stock with a little heat from the gas axe and they should look almost
OEM.

Oh well, all for now.. gotta hit the shower.

Later guys!