[Ford-ferguson] TO-30 Hydraulics

Dave_B at postmark.net Dave_B at postmark.net
Tue Feb 8 13:13:38 PST 2005

My TO-30 hydraulics quit working. Completely. Wouldn't even lift the
three point with nothing on it. I pulled the dipstick cover and I
could see oil welling up in the front corner by the high pressure tube
when I tried to lift. Dropped the pump out. The pump appears to be
fine. I put the PTO shaft back through it and it rotates easily with
no binding. There is some minor scoring on the pump pistons that I can
see as they cycle in and out. All four pistons look the same, none are
any worse than any others. When I checked the high pressure tube
running up to the ram cylinder I found a small crack running halfway
around its circumference about an inch from the bottom end. I'm
assuming I've found my problem although the crack is small enough that
I would've expected to have some (but not enough to be useful)
hydraulic function left.

Do any of you know how to replace this tube? I can't see much up
inside there and have no idea how it comes out or how the new one will
go in.

Thanks much,
Dave_B at postmark.net