[AT] Snow load

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 8 15:32:18 PST 2005

From: <CBear81438 at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Snoow load

> If it is an unsulated steel roof, would running a big space heater
> underneath do any good for an hour or so.  I used to watch the snow run
off  my steel
> building roof as we ran every heater we had just to keep from freezing  to
> death during zero deg weather...
>
> Cecil in OKla

My brother's wood cutting engine is installed in a ten by twelve building
with a corrugated metal roof. This old Wisconsin air cooled V4 would warm up
the inside of the shed enough to melt all the snow off while sawing
firewood. Couldn't spend too much time standing in there warming up though
due to the high concentration of carbon monoxide.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/