[Farmall] Tractor in "Racing Stripes"

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Tue Feb 8 07:37:00 PST 2005

Steve,  Nothing like an Empire I have seen, but obviously I have not seen
them all.   I don't think it is a disguised tractor.  I have it in the
back of my mind that this is a tractor put together largely from available
parts in the late 1940s and early 1950s but not all that successful and
many were sent overseas.   If it bugs me enough, I will start unpacking my
books and see if shows up in Wendell's Nebraska Tests.  Actually, it is a
good looking tractor.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"soffiler at myeastern.com" <soffiler at myeastern.com>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
02/08/2005 06:33 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Tractor in "Racing Stripes"

From: Larry L Hardesty <hardestyll at unk.edu>

> ... I am pretty sure
> it is one of those tractors made soon  after WWII from
> generally off the shelf components (truck transmissions,
> etc.)

 Just guessing wildly now:  Empire?

>... Not a bad looking tractor, and probably a story on
> how it got to  South Africa

You wouldn't think the movie prop people would go out of
their way to disguise a tractor just to keep people like us
guessing.  It's probably just the first thing they tripped
over down in S.A.

Steve O.