[AJD] wico "c" mag guts

Louis Spiegelberg louis at kellnet.com
Fri Feb 4 13:58:51 PST 2005

Call Weaver in Ohio @ 419-896-2827.  He does excellent mag rebuilds and has
parts.

Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: antique-johndeere-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
nick_solomon at infostations.com
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 4:07 PM
To: Antique John Deere mailing list
Subject: [AJD] wico "c" mag guts

ok..... Ive been fighting with the mag on my tractor long enough Im sick of
it..... whos got the best prices on coils, and points and all the guts of
the stupid thing, Every time I want to run the tractor it seems that I have
to tear the mag apart and polish everything and fiddle with it to even get a
spark, the coil is the original paper and varnish wrapped coil and its
falling apart, the wires coming out of it broke off when I first got the
tractor, and I picked a length of the wire out to solder a new lead on, its
worked ok, but it gets harder and harder to get a spark... then today I ran
it for a spell, then killed it to adjust the clutch tension, went to start
it, and can't get a spark at all now.....no matter how clean I get
things.... so I assume that my guts finally gave out.

Nick
frustrated in mn