[AT] Acrylic enamel paint hardner????

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Fri Feb 4 02:40:53 PST 2005

I found some fast dry acrylic equipment enamel that I like real well--and
at a great price.  It's made by Nason.  The paint dealer (Baxter Auto) said
any acrylic enamel paint hardner would work fine with it.  Question is, how
does the hardner work?  Is it just a clear liquid that mixes with the paint
and dries a lot harder, or does it somehow chemically react with the paint
to make it cure to a harder finish---something like two-part epoxy
paint?  I've asked this question at the local paint shops, and even to some
auto paint guys but they never seem to be able to answer this
question.  All suggestions will be most welcome!   John W. ...still
striving for something better than the usual orange peel paint job!

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon