[Farmall] TEST

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:46:28 PST 2005

Mike,  I had some battery cables made with 00 welding cable for my Farmall
340.  Starts a lot better now.

Larry

Larry Hardesty

Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
02/03/2005 07:57 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] TEST

Kay Allen wrote:
> The list seems to be functional, and there are one or two of us awake
and
> receiving.  If I lived up North I'd be hibernating.
Oh, it really isn't all that bad around here. The last couple of days it
got up above freezing, and I was able to get all the ice out of the 560
D's fuel system and get it started. I had to bleed the sediment bowl,
the filters, the pump, and the individual injector lines, and it seems
fine now. Maybe I need to put more anti-gel in that I had been using...

I guess I need to replace the batteries in both the Super M and 340 -
even after sitting on the chargers overnight, neither one of them would
turn over enough to fire up. The 340 never was very good, and I partly
blame the position of the battery at the back of the tractor. I am going
to have to check the grounds when the weather gets warmer. But the Super
M just needs a new battery - I think it must be at least 7 years old and
spent almost all that time just sitting, which is not good for them at
all. There's no point in doing anything with the Super M, as it is
blocked by the 340. :-(

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are
in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of
life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life - the sick,
the needy and the handicapped. -Hubert Horatio Humphrey, US Vice
President (1911-1978)