[AT] OT: wheel packer question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Dec 30 13:17:51 PST 2005

Stewart,  I don't know where you live but in most towns of any size or where
there is some industrial plants there are bearing supply houses.  The big
one here in our area used to be called Dixie Bearing and it was a regional
if not national outfit.  However, they changed names/ownership and I can't
remember the name now.

Anyway, if you can find one of these stores, all they sell is bearings,
seals, PT chain, etc.  If you can tell them the inner and outer diameter of
the seal and it's thickness they can most likely find you one that works.  I
know you don't have a seal to go by but you can measure the OD of the shaft
and the ID of the hub plus the depth.

Look in the yellow pages under bearings, power transmission and industrial
supplies.  You should be able to find someone.  In fact they probably have
web sites these days.

Charlie