[AJD] Learn something new every day

J.R. Hobbs jrhobbs2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 15:48:52 PST 2005

I've heard nothing about the Collector's Center, one way or the other. Read the same rumor you did. Could well have been just that, and the ebay seller was using it to hype his item.

deanvp at att.net wrote:

I'm having trouble beleiving this. It is just something I picked up off of an eBay auction description. I was hoping someone close by such as JR Hobbs would respond to verify or deny this as a fact.or not.

I'm sending this message from the public Library in Monroe, WA. Our friendly dial-up phone service provider, Verizon, is having equipment problems that allow voice communication but not digital. They finally admitted it at noon today after sepnding three hours on the phone trying to convince them yesterday. You can't beleive the run around I got when initially reporting the problem. Their service people are trained to avoid admitting problems. They had the audacity to switch me to their DSL division because it was an internet access issue. Just a diversionary tactic because they don't offer DSL to our area. Several phone calls and referrals to somebody else before they finally admitted they had a system problem. My favorite: We don't guarantee digital service. They are required to guarantee at least 15K throughput by state regulatory law. I get really incensed by their diversionary tactics. Service is a forgotten word these days. Just trying to get to talk to a real l
ive person is a test of one's patience. I think we need a consumer revolt.-------------- Original message from "wwwayne johnson" : --------------