[AJD] JD nozzle tool

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Sat Dec 24 13:51:25 PST 2005

HAHAHA!
At one time I was going to make the entire carb service kit but in reality there's little need
for the Deere special tools to remove the bushings or ream them to size. That's easily
accomplished with standard tools.
Of course the nozzle tool can be worked around also but I have always used one so wanted to
keep using one after I broke ours. (Sidebar to Chris, you haven't seen ANYTHING difficult to
remove from a nozzle until you break a JD nozzle removal tool off in one! Hours and hours to
get it and the nozzle out without damaging anything)

The float tool is just the flat bar tool w/slots in it to facilitate bending the float arm to
set the float level

I think I also had made the float bowl gauge now that I think about it. This is the top hat
shaped gauge that seats against the bowl gasket surface and measures the float level.

I'll see what's left and post back. I think we kept the drawings so I might be able to coax my
buddy into making more.

I'm without kids this year as we sent them to Hawaii with my folks so its VERY quiet around the
house. Unnaturally quite, lol. Lots of invites to friends for dinner tonight and tomorrow so
we'll get well taken care of I'm sure

Everyone have a great Christmas

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Sat Dec 24 12:06 , 'Brandon Knapp' <lneuwirth at eriecoast.com> sent: