[Farmall] Cubs 'n such

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 21:11:27 PST 2005

Have to agree with you George.  I think the first person I met in person
strictly through the ATIS connection was George Best, on a trip to Portland,
OR in '95.  The second was Steve Offiler while on a trip to Portland, ME.  I
loose track of the next person-to-person, which I may be able to partly
determine by looking up dates of some past events.  Somewhere in there was a
hand-off of THE BOX to Dean Vinson in Cincinnati.  Then there was the whole
bunch at Portland, IN (second annual - '99?).  Probably before that when I
first ran into several others at some RPRs.  I have lost track of how many
peole I have hooked up with at various RPSs but the first of them ('98?) was
Dale Arnold, when we happened to sit in adjacent seats at the IHCC
membership meeting.

I got to Steve Orear's place in '99, where he did a pretty thorough job of
demo'ing the Auburn trencher in the open space next to his house.  A Bob
Curry THT came through here on '02, where Frank Vantacich flew in to join
the THT in progress.  '03's travels for me included a loop through Ohio to
hit George Willer's Cubfest.  From there I continued on to PA where I got to
see the Fast Lane Freeman Fast-Hitch museum and rest home and haul back a
Shop Mule.

Have to also mention Don Bowen, who I have seen at both tractor and Corvair
events.  Don's letter to Harvester Highlights was how I first learned about
ATIS, whenever that was.  I know I was well within the first 100
subscribers.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net