[AT] LED flashlights

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Thu Dec 22 19:18:09 PST 2005

Charlie, I picked up one of those adapters last year somewhere.  I like the
push switch much better than the MagLite switch, and it is pretty
bright.  The thing I don't like about it is its only good for close up
work.  It doesn't throw any kind of a focused beam, and the "beam" it does
throw is off to one side.  Sure wouldn't want to use it coming down a dark
trail from a days elk hunt!  I got mine out of some catalog.    The light I
really like and use all the time in the shop is a little single LED on the
end of a flexible 12" wand--which goes into a pencil-size battery
compartment and switch.  The 2 little 4A (yes "4A") batteries have lasted 2
years now and still work great.  Works really good for getting light into
tight places--and lets you see past the past the skinny
"flashlight."    John W.