[Farmall] Farmall 460

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 06:39:14 PST 2005

I think that Mike is on the right track.  I'll speak
based on my knowledge of compact tractors.  Many of
the little diesels have backhoes mounted on them.
They get their hyd pressure from the tractor like the
big ones.  They are usually rigged so that you unplug
a hose (supplied pressure to the 3pt) on the back of
the tractor and plug it into the backhoe.  This does
two things.  It supplies pressure to the backhoe and
it disables the 3pt.  I suspect that your 460 is
rigged in a similar manner.  Or you may simply have a
valve/lever that disables the 3pt when the backhoe is
attached.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN