[Farmall] Finally found the tim(ing)

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 04:55:07 PST 2005

My 1957 Lo-Boy's "longevity" speaks positively to  your experience with your reliable '48.  To your point about  finding "iron in anything made today", you are, again, correct.   The only brand out there that continues to use realy sheet metal for  fenders and hoods seems to be New Holland.  J/D certanly does not!
  JM

Richard BROWN <rc12brown at msn.com> wrote:Despite  the jokes some make about the Cub, it is a great little tractor. I have  my father's 1948 Cub and have mowed my 2.5 acre yard with it for 30  years using a belly mower. It is still going strong and I'm about to  have it painted. Can't find that much iron in anything made today, and  why is it that all these old tractors are still working today, some  almost 100 years old?