[AT] OT: intersting discussion about idiling a cold car

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 08:55:08 PST 2005

I get in my car and go. Warms up faster that way, I just start out slow.

204k and oil consumption is no different than the day I bought it.

I worked with an ex GM engineer that told me they would test engine wear on the courier cars at the plant. The cars were always idling, which cuased the greatest amount of wear to the engine.

Will

From: "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net>