Cold weather (was Re: [AT] AC-170 Diesel starts in the cold

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Dec 15 03:35:28 PST 2005

I am surprised, Carl. It was -2F down south of you in NJ yesterday
morning. Usually you guy are at least 10 degrees colder than us. Today
is a nice balmy +2F, but, later today, we are expecting snow mixed with
freezing rain turning to ice by Friday morning. I have a feeling that
the Ford 860
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/fordcab2.html> with
chains will be getting the duty of clearing that mess on my two miles of
private lane - the truck, even with six wheels turning will be not be a
  match for a coating of ice on top of last week's packed snow. :-(

This more like late January than mid December around here!

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have
too little. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)