[AJD] A John Deere Question

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 09:05:07 PST 2005

Marc,

     After reading Greg's comments I should clarify
that when I refer to chance in piston size I meant
length and not diameter..  Greg is of course right
that the A bore is 5.5 throughout it's production.

     One little thing  I noticed in the parts book, is
that oversized pistions for the A's from 488,000 to
584,000 will fit all the unstyled AR and AO
applications..

      Another curious thing, the machine shop that is
boring my block for my 48 A is working on a 50 AR for
another customer and they said you had to machine .104
off of an A piston the get it to fit the AR (late
styled on both applications)  The parts book shows the
same pistons used for A and AR/AO from 584,000 up and
272,000 and up.  Oh well..  too much time on my
hands..

                       Chris