[AT] oliver 70 Price Check

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:54:54 PST 2005

>Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:14:58 -0800
>From: "Grant Brians" <gbrians at hollinet.com>
>Subject: Re: [AT] oliver 70 Price Check
>To: "Antique tractor email discussion group"
>	<at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
>
>I am curious about something. There were a modest number of Oliver 70's
>here
>in the Santa Clara Valley of California. One operation had several of them
>they were still runiing until the late 90's in San Jose. Someone in the
>midwest, I think Iowa bought them and about 20 of the 66's that were run by
>this vegetables operation. I wonder what they were using as far as tires,
>these were all Row Crop tractors with either cultivating bars or similar
>equipment mounted on them. Were all of the 70 lug tires 40"? I know the
>77's
>and 88's had 38" on Row Crop tractors, with smaller diameter tires on
>Industrial and Standard models. Was this similar on the 60 and 70 models?
>         Grant Brians
>         Hollister, California
>p.s. I couldn't tell in my Oliver books.... Also, if anyone is giving them
>away, I would love an Oliver 70. I would even paint it that PRETTTTTTTYYYY
>Oliver Green!

I'm prpbably going to go ahead with the deal.  This guy has some leads on
other good tractors and i want to keep a good relationship going.  I'll be
needing some kind of rims that fit the cast centers and tires to fit.  I'm
also curious if Oliver 70s only came with 40" rubber.  I like to keep things
"accurate" but economics will certainly play a part.
BTW If I get this machine it will take a back seat to the Huber steamer on
the restoration docket.