[AT] oliver 70 Price Check

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Dec 7 22:14:58 PST 2005

I am curious about something. There were a modest number of Oliver 70's here
in the Santa Clara Valley of California. One operation had several of them
they were still runiing until the late 90's in San Jose. Someone in the
midwest, I think Iowa bought them and about 20 of the 66's that were run by
this vegetables operation. I wonder what they were using as far as tires,
these were all Row Crop tractors with either cultivating bars or similar
equipment mounted on them. Were all of the 70 lug tires 40"? I know the 77's
and 88's had 38" on Row Crop tractors, with smaller diameter tires on
Industrial and Standard models. Was this similar on the 60 and 70 models?
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California
p.s. I couldn't tell in my Oliver books.... Also, if anyone is giving them
away, I would love an Oliver 70. I would even paint it that PRETTTTTTTYYYY
Oliver Green!