[AT] RE: Cracked diesel block opinion question and welding cast

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 17:32:01 PST 2005

Funny you should mention walking away - I agree it is not my problem in any
way if the dealer paid too much.  The salesman said the deal was all done
over the phone, everyone just forgot to mention the crack.  I guess it is
just normal that these guys get hung up on $120,000 a crack combines this
time of year and the small stuff is just noise to them.
I got a call today from the dealership's boss and he said that they can't do
anything right when he isn't there!  He tells me that the salesman did not
have the fuel shutoff in the right position! The salesman had confidently
told me that AC did it all wrong compared to everyone else and you have to
have the fuel lever out to run and in to stop.  Boss guy says that this
model is conventional and it would have started easily should he have pushed
it in.  In these situations I just don't know anything because my Kubota is
electrically controlled and the TD-9 we had at home was gas start and only a
few could ever get the hand of it  - especially since the gas had to be
manually turned off due to a broken something.or other.
I have a few other calls to make and might go back on the upcoming Saturday
if the weather is sufficiently cold.  I'm just not sure of the fuel excuse
because of the white smoke that was coming from the stack as it turned over.
Does this system use burning fuel to preheat and this was just the resulting
smoke?  Maybe if he would warrant the engine for 250 hours ???
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H
Simplicity 3112 & 7116