[AJD] JD's early 70's bicycles - Parts?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Dec 3 12:36:15 PST 2005

Troy:

Thanks, it looks like Greg has already done a nationwide search for me. If
only my dyslexia hadn't reared its ugly head. I have used the Nationwide JD
dealer search many times and have scored repeatedly. Many years ago I was
looking for a NOS manifold for my 1936 AO. Found two remaining in JD Dealer
Stock. One wasn't for sale and the other quoted me $100.00. I couldn't get
my billfold out fast enough.

But what has been an interesting exercise is trying to find the presently
known 17 different Mast Brackets that were used on implements with the 800
Series Hitches. Found two or three used ones but over a period of a few
years have found 15 of the 17 known, mostly in NOS condition in various
warehouses or stockrooms around the country. It is amazing what one can find
if it is worked a bit. I recently purchased a NOS battery tray for a 1940
Slant Dash B and a NOS pull switch for the starter for the same tractor. The
parts are still out there, just got to dig for them.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com