[AT] Northern Tool Sale - Left Hand drills

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Fri Dec 30 15:23:37 PST 2005

Most farms don't have three phase from the utility company unless they are
in CLOSE proximity to an industrial area but lots of farms around here have
rotary phase converters to run grain handling equipment. Once you get to 5
hp and larger, single phase motors and starters get really expensive and
harder to start when compared to three phase. Rotary phase converters are
cheap to build (and buy if you know where to look) and allow you to use less
expensive three phase industrial motors and also use three phase machine
tools which cost much less than their single phase counterparts on the used
market. Single phase machinery brings a premium price because anyone can run
it in their workshop at home and the buyers pool is greater.
Mark