[AT] Quick-attach loader bucket

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 03:35:20 PST 2005

What you refer to as the "Bobcat" system is pretty much universal for
all skid steer loaders these days. Both halves of the system are
available from various skid steer manufacturers and from independents.
The "female" piece that is welded to the implement will run $100-200,
depending on who you buy it from, but the "male) part (with the quick
attach levers/pins) that goes on your loader arms will be at least
double that price. I would suggest looking at getting the male part
designed for a tractor loader, not a skid steer - skid steer mounts are
entirely different. I sold New Holland tractor loaders and skid steers,
and the "male" attachment plates were different for each loader, while
the "female" plates were all identical, regardless of the machine or
implement. You will have to match a loader's dimensions (vertical and
horizontal pin spacing) up to the dimensions on your MF - there are no
"standard" dimensions. (In our yard, we had a dozen different loader
buckets for sale, and no two of them had the same pin spacing. It was
always a challenge to find a bucket to match someone's loader!) Be aware
that adding the quick attach system, while very convenient, will add
several hundred pounds of weight to the end of the tractor arms.
Depending on your particular tractor/loader, that could impact how much
weight you can handle. If you want to get really crazy, they also make
quick attach units with hydraulic activated pins that can be worked from
the tractor seat, so you don't even have to leave your seat to change
implements!

Mike

HaliganBar at aol.com wrote:
> The loader bucket on my MF202 is starting to get kinda thin in spots and the
> bottom has a pretty good belly and some of the reinforcements are cracked. So,
> I'm thinking of replacing it. I found a place that can cut and roll the
> pieces for me then I can weld it all up. This will also allow me to widen it 6" so
> it cuts a path as wide as the rear tires.
>
> Well, I got thinking that it might be nice to make it so I can easily detach
> the bucket and put something else on like a set of forks or maybe a log/brush
> grapple or even a snow bucket or pusher. I've imagined a number of different
> designs for a quick attach system but, realized that it might be a lot easier
> to adapt a Bobcat system to my loader rather than build something from scratch.
> Any thoughts/suggestions from the list on this idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Karl Zinnack

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have
too little. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)