[Farmall] Super M Oil Filter

CDHORN at aol.com CDHORN at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 19:11:13 PST 2005

I remember the T.P. oil filters when I was a kid.  They never really  caught
on in our locality (N.E. S.D.).  Most of our tractors has a lot  of  winter
downtime.  Perhaps daily operation is more conducive to not  having moisture and
acids building up in the crankcase.  The farmers in our  area felt it was
better to replenish with new oil.  Back then oil was so  cheep it cost nothing to
change the oil.  I had both a 55 Chevy and a GTO  and never used one.  The
Chevy had a cartridge filter and the GTO had a  spin on filter.

Another reason they may not have caught on in our area is that we had a lot
of open country, and it got windy enough a lot of times to blow V.W. Busses
off  the road.

Clark
F-20