Toilet Paper Oil Filter (was Re: [Farmall] Super M Oil Filter)

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Dec 24 09:13:44 PST 2005

Steve,

Your comments remind me of a discussion a couple of us had just yesterday.
It was about furnace filters, but the same rules apply.  As the filtering
element does its' job of trapping foreign matter its' efficiency goes up...
meaning it will trap ever increasingly small particles.  As the efficiency
goes up the flow rate goes down, until the efficiency approaches 100%.  At
that point there is very nearly no flow at all!

I would expect a TP filter to reach that point fairly quickly.

You've been conspicuously absent from the BS sessions at Portland for far
too long! :-(

George Willer

Subject: Toilet Paper Oil Filter (was Re: [Farmall] Super M Oil Filter)