[AJD] Haven't seen one of these in a coon's age

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Tue Dec 20 19:23:25 PST 2005

From: "Dean VP" <deanvp at att.net>

> Again, I have to disagree with one of your generalizations.  I have bought
> and sold over 300 items on eBay. I have only had problems with a very few
> transactions. I do not support your accusation of the development of a
> "Nation of Shysters" at all. eBay just plain wouldn't work if that were
> the
> case. I have found a very large majority of eBay sellers and buyers honest
> trustworthy people. I won't let a couple bad apples taint the whole
> operation.

Well, the term "shyster" means not someone who is openly dishonest, but
rather one who is miserly, mean-spiritedness, and generally vexatious and
small-minded.   It's more a state of mind or *Gestalt*, if you will.   Or,
maybe I am just mourning what was once a nation of farms and industry and
when America produced something besides hamburgers and lawyers.

Louis G