[AT] AT AC-170 Diesel crack

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Wed Dec 14 16:37:20 PST 2005

At least 12 years ago my 1979 Chevy pickup with 350 engine cracked a head.  When I pulled the dip stick out foam came out of the dipstick holder and  water was running out of the tail pipe.  I didn"t have time to replace the head  and the repair shop was busy for a week.  At the suggestion of a repairman at the implement dealer, I dumped in a can of Conklin Dyke in the radiator. I filled the radiator, drove around the section, drained out the water, antifreeze and oil mix. I had to change the oil 4 times to get all of the gunk out of the crank case. That was 12 years ago, and it is still holding today. I still have the truck. It can sit for a month in an Iowa winter, I go out, and it pops right over. I think it will outlive me, and it is the first truck that I ever owned.  Maybe something like this would work on the cracked block on the Perkins 170. Good to have ATS back on. By the way, I just cranked my 170 up after a week and ground feed with it today. No either, or not plugged in.   And she started like it was summertime.
Dallas