[AT] oliver 70 Price Check

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:17:59 PST 2005

I am looking at a 1942 oliver 70 and need some pricing help from the list.
Tractor is complete with the exception of the R front grill piece. 2 small
side panels below the battery and the air cleaner.  The large side curtains
are there and in good shape.  The engine is locked but I suspect not badly.
One fender and light are badly smashed and probably need repacments.  The
hood and side pannels are not dented but rust pitted and it will take some
work to smooth them out.  The tractor is on rear steel and front rubber the
cast center for rubber rear tires is there as well.  It has elec start and
lights.  $400   How hard is the grill piece and rear rims for the 11-40 rear
tires to find?  Seller claime that the skeleton steel is worth $200 ea.
What do you think?  What do I need to look out for on this machine?