[AT] Christmas Trees and Ships Plank Project

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 16:20:51 PST 2005

when i was on the USS Fort Marion LSD-22 I made  several wedding bands for
some of the guys. One particular friend came to me  with a tale that he was
getting married in week and the wedding rings he had  ordered were not going to
make it. I made a ring for his wife that they used in  the ceremony. I met her
about a year later when we took the families for day  cruise, she said that she
really liked the ring I made better than the one her  husband had bought and
wore it all the time. It was made from monel    a very nice metal somewhat
soft but very strong and impervious to rust or any  thing that make it loose its
shine over the years.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361