[Farmall] RE: ads 12/3 Lancaster Farming - OT (mostly)

br549 at hemc.net br549 at hemc.net
Mon Dec 5 18:09:38 PST 2005

No tractor content:
I restored a 63 Midget about 8 years ago - Old English white, wire wheels,
red interior with white piping. Didn't need much besides tires, tubes, a
gas tank and overbore (head gasket rusted and #2 cylinder pitted) - $1500
was what I paid. Had been parked and covered since 75; 58,000 miles and had
everything original - the brass mallet for knockoffs, plugwires, SU carbs
(didn't even open them up), headlights (Lucas), etc. 1963 Midget has no
external door handles and removable sidescreens - no side windows. It was
also a transition year with some having front disc brakes and others with
the drums all 'round (mine had discs - kinda unique). Great fun that little
car - seemed like you were doing about 80 mph everywhere you went but would
probably have been hard to ever get it to that speed. Any vehicle larger
than you (everthing on the road) really made you question their motto
"Saftey Fast".

Why all this useless British car info? Gets me out of decorating ;-) and
wanted to point out that the Sprite mentioned below would not be a Bugeye
(Frogeye if across the pond...) but a Midget with a different grille and
badges. Maybe the seller had Donald Healey on the brain when typing his
advert and changed the maker to Dustin?

Tractor content:
Still looking for those elusive 340 (460 might work too) stabilizer
brackets for the industrial 3 point hitch. I can go out and get the p/n off
the tractor if that helps.

Happy holidays all!!!

Message: 2