[AJD] Service Manual Question

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 18:38:47 PST 2005

I have been watching E-Bay for a Service Manual for the JD Model 50.  Having seen a few sell, last evening I went to my trusty John Deere' "Service Publications Catalog" dated 4/89  There I found that the Model 60 and Model 50 are keyed to the same Service Manual SM-2008. I then pulled out my latest copy of the JD " Service Publications Catalog," dated 2/91 and I find that there are two separate catalog numbers listed, for the Model 50 the number is SM-2010 and for the Model 60 the number is SM-2008. Are these the same Service Manual and was or is there a Service Manual specific to the Model 50??

  Thanks
  Ken Jones