[AT] Import Stuff

Sheppard, Charles E sheppard at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 2 09:46:03 PST 2005

Passing along this note I received from a colleague regarding imported
bolts:

Thought I would distribute the following link in case the information
might be useful to anyone.  As you all know, there are a lot of inferior
and potentially dangerous counterfeit imported fasteners around. The
attached web site contains all the current letters, numbers or symbols
that have been registered by manufacturers with the U.S. Patent and
Trademark Office.   The amended U.S. Fastener Quality Act requires a
manufacturer's mark be stamped on every bolt head, but some counterfeits
also bear false grade or manufacturer's marks, so beware.  Please
distribute this to anyone in your areas that might find it useful.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/fqa/active.pdf