[AT] MF Clutch

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 18:48:30 PDT 2005

--- HaliganBar at aol.com wrote:

> So, do any of you guys have any words of wisdom or
> encouragement?

Karl, only have split a big Belarus with a loader so
take my advise for what it's worth.  The mechanic has
a lot to say, I think the hard part will be pulling
the backhoe.  The only thing I would do (and I use
this a lot) is to make up some long bolts with the
heads ground off and tapered to use as alignment
guides at the bellhousing.  The longer the better, if
you can keep the bellhousing on the 'pins' it really
makes assembly much easier.  I welded rod onto bolts
to make 18" pins on the Belarus which gave me plenty
of room to change the clutch.  Your situation will
probably be different.
I was leary of the job til I got done, wouldn't
hesitate to do another one.
Good luck,
Dave