[Farmall] Lost Steering on my A yesterday

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 09:49:53 PDT 2005

I just went out and took another look, and now I think I know what is wrong.

There are two problems.  1) there are two bolts missing from I guess what
you called the steering gear case (maybe also called a steering box) that I
think probably hold it onto the main housing.  And 2) the bolt that I found
was the one that actually goes into the side of the steering box.  This bolt
hole is the broken piece of metal, and the bolt I found used to screw in
here, but now that it is cracked, it will go in, but will not stay in cause
1/2 of the threads are in the broken piece.

I don't know if this is repairable or not, since it is broken on the thread,
but in the meantime, if you have a parts manual, do you know what the size
of those two missing bolts that hold the case to the housing?  I would at
least like to replace them since nothing else is holding this front end on
from what I can make out.

Thanks so much,  Troy