[AT] Ford 640 with Sherman Backhoe Question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Aug 22 10:07:24 PDT 2005

I can only tell you what we did at the New Holland dealership that I
used to work for. When the lower bushing would wear out in any backhoe,
new or old, we removed the backhoe, separated out the queen post and
support and took them to a machine shop to have it line bored and new
bushings installed and drilled/tapped for Zerk fittings. That was on
small machines as well as large ones. It is not an easy job, but I was
told that is the only way to fix them.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell
whether a man is wise by his questions.
-Naguib Mahfouz, writer (1911- )