[AT] Some ads from the 8/20 Lancaster Farming

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 20:15:00 PDT 2005

--- Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:

> 6 cyl Lycoming eng. flat head, 6 cyl, flat head
> huppmobile, 1937-46 ply

Flathead??  This is a new one on me.  Anyone know
about these?

> Standardbred Doddy horse $800 neg. Lanc. Co.
> 717-661-8391. [what's a
> "Doddy" horse?]

Boy, ya got me there too.  (Maybe a 'DADDY' horse? hee
hee).

> Hubley atomic disintegrator, cap gun, ex. cond.,
> $225; Craftsman
> 3’’x21’’ belt sander, used very little, $30. Lebanon
> Co. 717-866-4203.
> [I always wanted an atomic disintegrator to take
> care of some of my more
> unpleasant neighbors. Is that a good price, and do I
> need any kind of
> permit?]

This would fit with the Atomic pedal rocket that I can
barely afford to look at, much less own.  Some of the
old toys make our hobby look cheap!

> Two wheel Gravely tractor with backhoe, $5,000.
> Phone 570-265-6465.
> Bradford Co. 570-265-6465.[that is something that is
> new to me. I would
> be interested in how that is rigged up!

Mike, you just gotta get pictures of this!!

Keep sending these in, they make for very interesting
reading.
Thanks,
Dave