[AT] Portland Handicap Permits

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 15:00:16 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/16/2005 1:30:06 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
chill8 at cox.net writes:
Rascal, Hoveround and other  similar scooters are generally Dr. prescribed.
I don't see how they could  turn them down.  "Americans With Disabilities
Act" folks would like to  know about it  otherwise.
------

That's  not exactly true I couldn't get my wheel chair though the insurance
and  government program because you have to need it to get around your house to
 qualify.  Since I can walk some I don't, so I had to buy mine outright
Luckily I was able to get one in the paper for next to nothing.  I know a  lot of
people who are in the same situation. They really don't like rascals and  such
as most people use them for going to the market or fairs and tractor shows
that require a lot of walking.  Funny I do better walking outside on the  grass
than I do in the house on the hard floor. I guess that is why the doctors
say I have an UNKOWN Neurological disease

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460