Alt fuels was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Thu Aug 11 07:44:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 07:09, DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:
> George you just are not listening in the test we  did we got 5 MPH from a
> Chevy Luv that's a long way from 36 percent.  I  know your book says different
> but actual test must mean something.
>
> Walt  Davies
> Cooper Hollow Farm
> Monmouth, OR 97361
> 503 623-0460

Walt,
   Do you happen to remember what the compression ratio was on the
LUV's? Generally, alcohol runs more efficiently when you have higher
compression ratios (ask the racers). Most newer vehicles have somewhat
higher compression now and automatically adjust ignition timing to adapt
to the fuels they are running. Like on tractors set up for propane or
butane, engines run a lot more efficiently when configured properly.
You've mentioned nickel plating the carbs and different fuel pumps but I
don't recall hearing about what you did to set the internal parts of the
engine up for the fuel they were burning. Different plugs? Ignition
timing?

Ken