[AT] Gasoline $

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 07:14:04 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/9/2005 11:14:28 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu writes:
Why in the world we  aren't burning 10% ethanol in our
gas and B20 ( 20% soy ) bio-diesel is  beyond me. Both are direct
replacements - no modifications  required.

Steve,  at Fort Ord in the 80s we took 25 Chey Luv trucks and converted them
to ethanol.  It took a lot of work the carbs had to nichol  plated due to the
high  corrosion factor of the ethanol. We had to add 40 gallon tanks because
of the  lousy fuel mileage 5 MPG. We had to get a better fuel pump.
In all we had to  run 15% gas ( government regs)  we took a 30 MPG truck to 5
MPG and the  savings were nil do to the 15% gas we had to run.
In all we were using the  same amount of gas with the ethanol and getting
poorer performance.
Those  who think we should use ethanol should look at this study and the one
by Bank of  America before promoting it.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460