[AJD] 39 B shifting problem

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 20:53:04 PDT 2005

I managed to get my 39 B running in time to take it to
a local show,  but once it was running,  it would only
go into first gear..  So,  I didn't take it.

    I am pretty sure the high lock out is stuck and
that is why reverse won't work,  I can shift it with
the shifter cover off.   Now it won't go into second
due to the fact that the shifter is not lining up with
the hole in the piece of metal that guides the
shifter.   It is like the shifter has dropped down or
the shift fork is just plain too long.  I do have a
little play up and down in the shift lever,  but not
enough to get it to clear the guide.  It is like 1/2
inch off.   I am tempted to just make the hole bigger
so the shifter will fit through,  but I was wondering
if anyone has seen something like this before?

                  Chris