[AT] Air Lines

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Aug 1 07:04:25 PDT 2005

I checked a reference book on piping last night, Mark, and it
specifically says that the safety valve should be located as close to
the pressure tank as possible with the stem oriented vertically and
preferably there should be no piping connected to the outlet.  If there
is piping at that location, it should be larger than the diameter of the
outlet itself.  The book also says that when you're working with gas or
air that you can mount the safety valve upside down so that water in the
system can result in a better seal on the valve.  But I'm not a plumber,
so what do I know?

Larry