[AT] Yard Man mower 1 year update

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Wed Apr 27 08:50:48 PDT 2005

We bought a Huskee from TSC about 4 years ago. and mow about 4 1/2 acres with it. It
was a couple of steps up from the cheapest. It's been a good mower but I wish I had
gone up another step or two. The Briggs V-Twin is great. The deck has been ok. This
does not have the cast front axle and has bushings in the front spindles and wheels
which are showing a lot of wear. The biggest problem has been the manual deck lift. A
flat blade on the lift handle fits into notches on the side of the dash to set the cutting
height or hold it fully lifted. I've had to build up the blade with the welder and renotch the
register? a couple of times. We have a lot of tight corners and small areas that my wife
will spend an hour mowing with the tractor what can be done in 10 minutes with a push
mower so the front end and steering gets a lot more wear than the 4 1/2 acres would
normally call for.

Dan