[AT] At the John Deere dealer.

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Apr 26 06:30:48 PDT 2005

	I had to run over to my favorite John Deere dealer yesterday to pick up a new
accelerator pump diaphragm for my 4020. After I choked down the $30 price we spent a
little time looking around. This dealer is in a "VERY NICE" new building and the inside
puts you more in mind of a nice huge modern Harley store than the typical old country
farm implement dealer. While not cheap the pricing runs a little better that all of the
rest of the Deere dealers around me which are all owned by one company now, Smith
Implements. I didn't like that dealer back when he owned just one dealership. Now he owns
all of the others very close to me except the one I was at yesterday. One of the things
that makes the good one one of my favorites is that "everything" out for sale has posted
prices... I detest going in a store (or even a yard sale) and asking over and over again
"how much is this? How much is this? How much is this?... My general philosophy is "if it
isn't priced, it isn't for sale".
	This place has a good sized room dedicated to "John Deere" labelled stuff. Some absurd
in price and some actually quite reasonable. As we looked around we found an item I could
not identify. It was a small disc about 2" across and about 1/4" thick. It had a small
notch in the edge and was apparently some kind of ceramic. I guessed it to be maybe some
kind of knife sharpening stone. It did BTW say "John Deere" on it. The manager stopped to
chat and after I complimented him on having stuff (including the bigger stuff) priced I
asked him "what is this?". He looked it over and said he had no idea but would find out.
He came back a minute later and said "would you believe it is an insert to drop in a cup
holder to absorb condensation from a drink can". He then just chuckled and shook his
head. There were some pretty pricy John Deere fishing lures next to that disc. I asked
him jokingly about what kind of fish were they designed to catch and he broke out in a
big grin and said "suckers"...   ;-)

	This dealer BTW has a web site at:
http://www.hendrens.com
	I go to the Franklin IN store. There are a couple of pictures of it on the web site.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA