[AJD] Mattawa, Wa. Auction results

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 08:43:02 PDT 2005

Myself and many other local collectors headed over to
a Yabro Auction in Mattawa, Wa. this weekend.  I am
sure Dean will have more details,  I left once all the
tractors I was interested in had sold.  At the rate
they were going I would have had to wait all day to
pay too much for the wheels and Yakima hitch parts I
was interested in.

 Here are some of the results I wrote down.

    1932D Rough,  running.              $11,000
  The funny thing about the D,  from about 5K up it
was two Yabro auction workers on Cell phones bidding
against each other...
    Lindeman Crawler,  rough,            $4000
    LI Nice looking tractor              $4000
    37 JD A  Nice looking                $4500
    41 JD A funny rear wheels Ok lookin  $3750
    730 with Roll o matic                $5500
    730 Wide Front (ran but not for sale)$3500
    530 Wide Front                       $4500
    430 Wide Front                       $4250
    M with Front Blade Ugly tractor      $1750
    R nice running funny, older paint    $4250
    L    can't remember anything about it$3100
    520 with Loader Beat up working      $3000
    40W  Nice looking                    $3750
    50N Power Steering  nice             $4000
    60W  Decent looking and running      $3750
    430T Roll o Matic wrong front end?   $5250
    530N Very nice tractor               $5000
    630N No notes taken                  $4250
    630W No Notes                        $6000
    730N                                 $6000
    830 Electric Start Very Nice         $10750
    Hart Parr 18-36 Old Restration no run$3250
    AC C                                 $800
    AC C                                 $2000
    IH O4                                $1500

   That is all that I took down information on.  I
went to by the Hart Parr or the O4 but wasn't
impressed with what some of the locals had to say
about the Hart Parr,  and I can get an O4 much closer
to home for 1/2 the price.

   On the 32 D we all stood around dumbfounded as the
crowd stopped bidding around 5K and the two of the
auctioneer's guys bid against each other with cell
phones.  One caller was lost for a moment and the got
him back and went on.  Personally I think that was BS.

    It seemed to me like they lingered on sold a lot
longer than any other aucion I had been to before
actually selling the item.  The Lindeman was not
running,  would not steer,  and had a blade buy was
missing cylinders,  I thought it would fetch more than
4K.  Oh well.

    If anyone else went and knows what the Yahkima
hitch went for of the 38" cast center wheels I would
not mind knowing.

                 Chris